These DIY natural toilet bombs turn an unpleasant chore into a quick and easy job with no hazardous chemicals.
I used to use bleach to clean all of our toilets before learning all of the dangers involved. Now that I’ve switched over to my homemade toilet bombs, the toilets are just as clean without all of the associated health hazards.
I store a jar of these under the sink in all of the bathrooms so that they’re readily accessible as part of my daily morning cleaning routine.
DIY Natural Toilet Bomb Materials
- 1 cup citric acid
- 2 cups baking soda
- 25 drops orange essential oil
- 25 drops tea tree essential oil
- Water (for spray bottle)
Supplies You May Need
- Ice cube tray
- Spray bottle or mister
- Measuring cup
- Large glass bowl
- Mixing spoon
How to Make DIY Natural Toilet Bombs
- Combine baking soda with citric acid in a large glass bowl.
- Spray the mixture with 1 to 2 sprays of water as you mix. Do not spray too much or it will fizz and make a mess.
- Add essential oils and mix thoroughly.
- Press even amounts of the powdered mixture into the ice cube tray compartments.
- Let dry outside in the sun or overnight in a warm place.
- When completely dry, remove the cubes from the tray for storage.
Directions for Use
Add one toilet bomb to the toilet making sure to let it completely dissolve. Once dissolved, scrub the bowl with the toilet brush. Flush the toilet and repeat the following day or often as needed.
Storing Your Natural Toilet Bombs
Keep the toilet bombs in an air tight container in a cool, dark place. I keep ours under the sink in the bathroom so they’re easily accessible.