Learn how to make this all natural DIY foaming hand soap and get one step closer to ditching toxic commercial cleaners.
Foaming hand soap is so easy to make and for my frugal friends, it’s extremely budget-friendly.
Materials You Will Need:
- Castile soap
- Distilled or filtered water
- Essential Oils
- Foaming soap dispenser
This all natural DIY foaming hand soap only has three ingredients. Pure essential oils are added, if desired, for fragrance.
Castile soap is a very gentle yet very effective cleansing agent made from vegetable or plant-based oils. It does not contain any synthetic or toxic ingredients and is vegan approved.
Save (or ask your family and friends to save) any empty foaming soap dispenser bottles instead of tossing them to refill and reuse later.
How to Make All Natural DIY Foaming Hand Soap
- Fill your clean foaming hand soap dispenser 2/3 of the way with distilled or filtered water.
- Add your Castile soap. For a standard 12oz dispenser, start with 2 to 3 tablespoons of soap and check the consistency.
- Add 30 drops of essential oils.
- Shake to combine and use as you normally would.
Essential Oils for Hand Soaps
Depending on what you have available, you can’t really go wrong with which oils you add into your soap. My favorite is peppermint or lavender.
Rosemary, geranium, sweet orange, vetiver, tea tree, eucalyptus, lemongrass, pine, sandalwood, cedarwood, vanilla absolute, and cinnamon cassia are popular choices depending on the time of year and personal preference.